June 26, 2022
Samyang has long been known for making affordable and sharp manual focus lenses, but recently, they have started producing autofocus lenses as well, but they have still managed to keep prices below those of many first-party options. One such option is the 50mm f/1.4 AF Series II, and this fantastic video review takes a look at the lens and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost, this excellent video review takes a look at the Samyang 50mm f/1.4 AF Series II lens. A 3.5 inches (8.9 cm) in length and 14.8 oz (420 g), the 50mm f/1.4 is quite portable, though it still comes with a range of features, including:
- Two aspherical, three high refractive, and one extra-low dispersion element for reduced aberrations, increased sharpness, and deeper contrast
- Linear Stepping Motor for fast and quiet autofocus suitable for both photo and video applications (compatible with Sony Eye-AF)
- Nine diaphragm blades for smoother bokeh
- Minimized focus breathing for video work
- Customizable switch and focus hold button
- Minimum focus distance of 1.31 ft (0.4 m) for maximum magnification of 0.16x
- Micro-patterned focus ring
- Weather-sealed construction
Check out the video above for Frost’s full thoughts on the lens.